Remember Crocodile Dundee? Well, here is the recipe for the popular “Australian Shrimp on the Barbie”:
Cooking time: 4 minutes
1/2 cup butter, melted (1 cup = 250 ml)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced fresh herbs (parsley, thyme and cilantro)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice ( 1 tablespoon = 20 ml)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 kg of medium to large shrimp (prawns), unpeeled
Spinach leaves and lemon slices
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Mix in shrimp. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Prepare barbecue with medium hot coals.
3. Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill until just opaque (about 2 minutes per side)
4. Line platter with spinach.
5. Arrange skewers on platter and garnish with lemon.