This is one of the favorite recipes of our members. You can find this recipe and other popular recipes inside Members Only Recipes section. Picture shows fishballs being sliced prior to frying. Depending on the size of the fishballs, there is really no need to slice them, but frying would be much quicker of course if sliced. // Photo courtesy of INPHOTOS.//
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon salt
1 kilo fish fillet
1. Wash fish fillet and drain.
2. Cut fillet into small pieces; chop into fine pieces.
3. Place in a bowl and mix until lumps are formed.
4. Sprinkle salt, baking powder and cornstarch, and continue mixing until you get a good consistency.
5. Scoop one tablespoon of the mixture, and roll on your palms until you form a small ball. About 100 fish balls can be produced from the mixture.
6. Place the fish balls in boiling water.
7. Scoop the fish balls when they start floating; drain thoroughly.
8. Refrigerate the cooked fish balls to store.
Deep fry, or use the fish balls as ingredients for other dishes.