12 gabi (taro) leaves
1/2 kg fresh dilis
4 pieces green pepper, julienne
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1 cup water
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 thumb size ginger, crushed
– salt to taste
1. Wrap 2 tablespoons dilis in taro leaves. Continue the procedure until all have been wrapped
2. Line the bottom of the cooking pan with the remaining gabi leaves
3. Add coconut milk, vinegar, ginger, salt and strips of green pepper
4. Place the wrapped dilis on top
5. Simmer for 30 minutes and serve.
Variation: Spinach or silver beet leaves can be used instead of gabi leaves. This recipe is very popular in the Bicol region.